Member of the Association of American Universities Data Exchange
Welcome to the Assessment Center
The Assessment Center is charged with supporting the culture-of-evidence within Student Affairs. Dedicated to self-monitoring assessment throughout the institution, we:
- Facilitate workshops that develop the skills needed to successfully evaluate programs and learning outcomes;
- Provide access to current research on outcomes assessment, performance measurement, and evaluation;
- Collaborate with campus partners to advance the practice of outcomes assessment;
- Fortify the assessment capacity and professional development of campus partners by offering a certificate program.
When we are successful:
- Evidence-based decision making will be a routine part of Student Affairs’ operating philosophy and practice such that we exhibit a “culture of evidence.” Most (but not necessarily all) decisions will be informed by data obtained through the assessment process.
- Programs and services will be self-assessors with staff who are knowledgeable and can identify the skills and tools needed to perpetually evaluate program performance.
- Staff members, including Assessment Center Committee Members, responsible for assessment will keep their skills up-to-date with regular training.
USC Center for Testing and Assessment
3601 Trousdale Parkway, STU 301
Los Angeles, CA 90089