The team leader collaborates with a team of Corps members to provide educational activities to young children and families. Responsibilities include planning and implementing effective Jumpstart sessions using the Jumpstart curriculum, facilitating team meetings, and coaching Corps members to use developmentally appropriate practices with young children. The team leader plays a variety of roles, including coach, trainer and observer and is essential to making Jumpstart a high quality program.
Team leaders participate in the following activities:
- Serve 12-16 hours per week during the school year including:
- Jumpstart sessions with team, 4 hours per week (two times a week for two hours each)
- Team planning meetings, which include planning, reflection, and/or training, 2-4 hours per week
- Weekly meetings with other team leaders and site staff, 2 hours per week
- Preparing for Jumpstart sessions, 2-4 hours per week
- 3 hours each week in a preschool classroom during the regular school day
- Participate in intensive trainings, including September Leadership Institute (over a weekend)
If you have any questions, please contact Thea Quigley, Jumpstart Program Manager.