Recognition Process Instructions
We will start accepting applications for the
The deadline for renewing organizations to be recognized for the fall is
The deadline for renewing organizations to be recognized for the spring is
ALL student organizations must be recognized for the 2013-2014 academic year. Organizations not recognized by this deadline will lose all privileges including the ability to apply for funding, request space, and access to website/email accounts.
The recognition process consists of five parts.
- The online application (must be submitted online). Please read all instructions on this page, and follow the link at the bottom of the page.
- The online advisor form (Must be submitted online and Step 1 must be completed in order for your organization to be listed on the advisor form).
- Constitution (All organizations must submit the most updated constitution to the Student Organization Secure Login to the right of this page. You will get your login information after you complete step 1.)
- Submit a roster with full names of all members to the Student Organization Secure Login
- Attend a mandatory student organization meeting. RSVP to reserve your spot!!!
Student organizations will receive temporary recognition once their application is complete, but if they do not attend one of these meetings their recognition will be suspended. PLEASE RSVP with Student Organization Name and one of the mandatory meeting dates to reserve your spot.
- Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 4 - 6 p.m., Bovard Auditorium - GSG's Finance Meeting will immediately follow the Mandatory Meeting
- Thursday, September 12, 2013, 12 - 1 p.m., TCC 450 (Forum) (Capacity is 100)
- Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 6 - 7 p.m., TCC 450 (Forum) (Capacity is 100)
- Monday, September 23, 2013, 4 - 5 p.m., TCC 450 (Forum) (Capacity is 100)
RSVP HERE to reserve your spot!!! If you do not attend one of the meetings listed above, your organization will not be recognized.
Religious organizations only or those organizations looking to affiliate with the Interfaith Council.
- In addition to our online form, you must follow the steps outlined by the Office of Religious Life
- Click on the link for more information: http://orl.usc.edu/religiouslife/students/recognition.html
- The Office of Religious Life will contact Campus Activities and inform us that the process has been completed. There is no need to submit any paperwork
Before you being the application process, please read the following policies, instructional sections, and proceed to the bottom of the page.
After reading each policy, check the boxes on the application form that state that you understand each policy and agree to have your student organization abide by all the policies. These boxes must be checked in order for your application to be processed.
Complete the entire application form. Incomplete applications or applications not submitted online WILL NOT be processed.
Submit a complete advisor form.
Your advisor needs to fill out and email the Advisor Form. (This application must be sent from the advisor's e-mail in order for it to be processed). The direct URL is: http://sait.usc.edu/stuorgs/pages/advform.asp Advisor Forms are only accepted online.
Submit a constitution.
All organizations must submit their constitution to the Student Organization Secure Login at the top right of this page. You will get your login information after you complete step 1.
The deadline to be recognized for Fall 2013 is Tuesday, October 1 at 5 p.m. and Spring 2013 is Monday, February 3 at 5 p.m. Applications for renewing organizations will not be accepted after this date.
Recreational Sports Organizations
This application process is to provide University recognition to student organizations. This does not grant access to membership within the Recreational Club Council (RCC). Organizations must first obtain University recognition, then speak with Recreational Sports about RCC membership.
An email will be sent to the contact person of each organization notifying them of any problems or if their recognition is complete. If the organization's recognition process is complete, they will be notified and their recognition letter will be emailed to them. A letter will also be sent to the advisor stating the organizations' recognition status for the academic year. Organizations will be contacted in approximately 48 hours (not including weekends or holidays) after receiving the completed application, advisor form and constitution (if needed). If there is a problem with the application, the contact person will be notified. It is the organization's responsibility to get recognized. As such, students should not just assume their organization is recognized just because the application was submitted. The student organization contact person should check-in with the PLC office (213.740.5341) to make sure their application is complete.
If you have read all the policies and agree to follow them, please proceed:
Student Organization Application Form