Interested in Refereeing and Officiating?
How to Apply
- Attend one officials/referee clinics for training and re-certification. Training will consist of a 45 minute classroom tutorial and a 30 minute training on the court/field.
- Clinics are held every semester.
- Attending the clinics is essential for training and hiring.
- Application and other financial paperwork is completed at the classroom clinics.
- No previous experience necessary.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student at USC.
- Officials must complete the officials test for their respective sports during the classroom clinic. Tests will take place in the Lyon Center. Passing score is 80% (or better). Should this standard not be met on the first try, a re-test can be scheduled.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attire should be clean, neat, and professional. Black shorts or pants, black socks, black shoes, whistle and official jersey provided.
- General knowledge of the sport. Intramural rules for officiated sports are available online
- Responsible for the overall administration of a match or competition.
- Additional responsibility and projects may be assigned by the Assistant Director for Intramurals and Club Sports, Graduate Assistants, and/or Program Coordinators.
- Starting at $10.00, with ability for raises
- Flexible Hours, mostly evenings and weekends
- Pick your availability
- Pay increase available for certified referees