The HSC Fitness Center first opened its doors in August 2011. Located in the 2001 Soto Street Building, the 10,000-square-foot HSC Fitness Center houses a variety of cardiovascular and strength training equipment, two group exercise rooms, locker rooms, towel service, and day-use lockers.
Adjacent to the fitness center, a lighted basketball court and multi-purpose area (with amphitheater) is available for drop-in use, Intramural Sports programs, and special reservations.
The Health Science Campus Fitness Center features:
- Cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Two group exercise rooms
- Locker rooms (with rental lockers and day use lockers available)
- Towel service
- A Pro Shop for equipment rentals and sales
- Basketball court (only open during gym hours)
- Multi-purpose area (with amphitheater)
- Personal training and private pilates (see store for pricing/to book a session)
To book group exercise room or Basketball Courts please use this form.
For more information about Membership Fees view the Lyon Center & HSC Fee Sheet.
Membership at either the HSC Fitness Center or Lyon Center (UPC) gives members access to both facilities. However, please note that a special “access” application and Proxy USC ID card are necessary to enter the HSC Fitness Center. This process also applies to current Lyon Center members who plan to utilize the HSC Fitness Center.
Check out the new USC Transportation Shuttle Service to the new Soto St. Building: Soto Route
*Note from USC Transportation: Soto Gold permit will allow you to park during business hours (8am – 5pm) in the Soto Lot, and at:
- HSC – San Pablo lot on a space available basis
- UPC – Any Structure (PSA, PSB, etc) on a space available basis
Due to high-demand, parking in the Biggy Structure at HSC is subject to citation with a Soto Gold permit. After (and before) hours, any valid USC-permit can park in any (non-reserved and public) USC parking lot or structure, unless signs are posted to the contrary.