There are many ways to participate in what is considered “informal recreation”. Have you thrown a football in McCarthy quad, played Spikeball or soccer, or seen students trying their balancing skills on what is called a “slack line”? Maybe you participate in other common types of informal recreation like ping pong or pool in your dorm recreation areas, or perhaps a game of pickup basketball on the Jefferson courts or inside the Lyon Center.
Whatever your recreational interests, there are many ways to participate in informal recreation on campus, from finding an open field to showing up during the open recreation hours at the Lyon Center and finding a pickup game.
Ping Pong is available on a first come first serve basis during Lyon Center operating hours.
Racquetball is available daily, view policy here:
- Court reservations are REQUIRED for usage.
- Courts can be reserved for one hour time slots, a maximum of one slot per member, per day.
- Reservations can be made two days in advance and can be cancelled any time prior to the start of the reservation without penalty.
- Members MUST check-in for court bookings at the Pro-shop to avoid a NO SHOW penalty. There is a 10 minute grace period to check in, before courts are given to walk-ups.
- To book a reservation go to myrecsports.usc.edu
Squash Courts are unavailable for the forseeable future.
(*hours subject to change during intramural play and due to special events)