The mission of Student Affairs is to empower students to transform the world.
- To support the academic, professional, and personal success of students.
- To educate students to advocate for themselves and others, develop and broaden their knowledge of diversity and be agents of change.
- To engage students in trans-formative co-curricular experiences to develop them into effective leaders, ambassadors, and global citizens.
- Curiosity – We cultivate an innovative environment that encourages discourse and open inquiry.
- Diversity & Inclusion – We embrace individual differences and ensure opportunities for all.
- Integrity – We strive for transparent decision making with high moral character, honor and honesty.
- Respect – We foster a culture of understanding and acceptance through civility and trust.
- Professional & Personal Development – We embrace individual differences and ensure opportunities for all.
A Division of Student Affairs
Providing the university community the opportunity to pursue a balanced, healthy lifestyle through participation in recreational activities.
- To provide quality, diverse and safe recreational programs and facilities (intramurals, club sports, aquatic, fitness, etc.) for the university community.
- To enhance personal wellness: physical, social, psychological and intellectual.
- To foster the development of leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that complement and enhance the academic experience.
Contacting Recreational Sports:
University Park Campus
Lyon Recreation Center: [map]
1026 W. 34th Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90089-2500
Phone: (213) 740-5127
Fax: (213) 740-9739
Office Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30am – 5:00pm
Health Sciences Campus
HSC Fitness Center: [map]
2001 Soto Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Phone: (323) 442-7210
Fax: (323) 442-7354