USC Orientation Programs
Attending Orientation with your son or daughter is the first step in setting them up for success and your first opportunity to learn about the programs and services designed specifically for Trojan Parents. Some of the things you will do at Orientation include:
- Meeting the faculty and staff in your student’s academic unit.
- Learning the academic requirements and course plans your students will complete while at USC.
- Participating in a real class, facilitated by a USC faculty member.
- Engaging with representatives from the Department of Public Safety, USC Housing, USC Hospitality, and USC Transportation to learn about the resources and services provided to your student.
- Attending presentations on health services, insurance requirements, financial aid, and billing.
- Joining a conversation about the transition to life as a parent of a college student at USC.
- Seeing the wealth of opportunities that await your student.
In addition, depending on the session you attend, there are also opportunities to stay in a residence hall room and dine in a university dining facility to experience first-hand the residential experience at USC.
Participating in Orientation is your chance to see the real USC and forever become a part of the Trojan Family.