USC Orientation Programs
Prior to your arrival at Orientation, you must complete the required online Pre-Orientation Homework module, which includes many transactional items necessary for session. Failure to complete any component of the Pre-Orientation Homework will result in a hold preventing you from registering for classes.
You may begin the Pre-Orientation Homework immediately upon completion of your online reservation and must complete it in its entirety no later than 72 business hours before the start of your Orientation session.
The Pre-Orientation Homework includes the following steps:
- Learn basic USC terminology
- Order your USCard
- Read the USC Catalogue to learn about academic requirements and university policies
- Review SCampus: the USC Student Guidebook
- Complete Pre-Academic Advising Worksheet
- Take the Math Placement Test online
- Take the Chemistry Placement Test online
- Understand your Financial Aid package
- Complete the New Student Survey
- Complete the New Student Interest Profile
- Access the MyUSC Portal and complete the Web Registration tutorial
- Download and complete International Student Information Form (international students only)