UNIVERSITY RELIGIOUS CENTER (URC) 104
University Rap (uRap) is a weekly confidential discussion group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and supportive ally students. It is a great place to meet some new people, chat and learn about current topics affecting the LGBT and Ally Community. Facilitated by students, uRap is an ideal group to connect with peers and meet new people from within the LGBT and Ally Community. It is an open forum to share opinions and discuss different 'hot topics' every week and it serves as a safe place to discuss recent stresses or concerns from one's own life.
What you will learn
- Participants will appraise the comfort level to share opinions and speak openly about personal experiences.
- Participants will recall a pertinent LGBT issue (national, local or campus) expressed by peers through dialogue.
- Participants will relate discussion topics to current national LGBT advocacy efforts.
For further questions about uRap, please email the uRap Coordinator at email@example.com.
Examples of Previous Topics
- DOMA and Prop 8
- Queer Athletes
- YOUrap (freestyle)
- Coming Out Stories
- Sexual Assault @ USC
- Boy Scouts Ban
- Gender Binaries
- Sexual Preferences
- Dating, Hookups, and Safe Sex
- Reclamation of Language
- Masc or Fem? Glam or Butch? What's the Right Way?
uRap 2013 Fall calendar download