The Queer Youth Empowerment Project (QYEP) provides student mentorship, college preparation resources, consultation on organization and leadership development, and strategies for academic achievement to high students involved in Gay Straight Alliances (GSAs) within the City of Los Angeles. QYEP, in partnership with GSA Network, will develop ongoing relationships with selected local GSAs and present on organizing strategies, personal story reflections, tips for applying to college, and general tutoring. QYEP hopes to provide students with positive role models and the necessary tools to become agents of change in their communities.
What you will learn:
- QYEP consultants will provide college counseling for prospective college students.
- QYEP consultants will manage at least two discussions to assist with a student’s coming out process.
- QYEP consultants will interact with at least three local Los Angeles resources students to support a student’s coming out.
Apply to be a QYEP Consultant: Application
Does your GSA need QYEP?
- Email OUTreach at firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your name, high school and GSA meeting times
- Click here to learn what QYEP can do for your GSA
- Click here for the USC LGBT Experience Guide for prospective students
GSA Network Resources