DISCOVER WHO YOU ARE.
MOVE FORWARD ON YOUR GOALS.
FIND CONNECTION & COMMUNITY.
Are you dealing with a difficult challenge in your life? Do you think you may be lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or are you questioning your sexuality and/or gender identity? Do you want to talk to someone confidentially about your personal concerns? If so, become a mentee in the LGBT Peer Mentoring Program (LGBTPMP) (est. 1993) and work with a caring, dynamic peer mentor on personal, social, academic, career and lifestyle goals! If you are secure in your sense of identity and want to help others in difficult situations, then become a mentor in the LGBTPMP.
What you will learn
- Participants will develop a strong sense of their sexual and/ or gender identity.
- Participants will accomplish at least two personal goals while in the program.
- Participants will identify at least three LGBT supportive resources at USC.
LGBTPMP Concentration Areas of Development
- psychological and emotional support,
- support for setting goals and choosing a career path,
- sexual and gender identity, and
- health and wellness through occupational engagement.
LGBTPMP Assessment Reports
In 2010, the LGBT Resource Center’s LGBT Peer Mentoring Program (LGBTPMP) received an assessment grant from NASPA Region VI to conduct an assessment of the LGBTPMP mentees focusing on four development areas.