The Freshman Advocacy Board (FAB) (est. 2005) is an immersion program for first year and transfer LGBT & Ally students to assist with the transition from high school to college and to provide support through social, academic and excursion events. Membership elects their own executive board and coordinates their own events to build a stronger sense of community for LGBT and Ally first year students.
What you will learn
- Participants will report their level of confidence to succeed at USC for the next three years.
- Participants will demonstrate their motivation to continue involvement with USC programs/services.
- Participants will indicate future involvement opportunities.
- Every Thursday at 7pm in THH 214. First meeting for 2014-2015 is Thursday September 4th.
Previous FAB events
- Academic preparation workshops with Academic Recognition Programs
- Los Angeles excursions (e.g., Santa Monica beach day, museum visits, nights in West Hollywood, etc.)
- Participation at the Models of Pride Conference - a conference hosted at USC in October for LGBT and Ally youth
- Gay Days @ Disneyland
- Representation of the USC LGBT Communuty in the USC Homecoming festivities
- Coordination of the Paint Party in the spring semester
For more information join the FAB Class of 2017 Facebook Group or email email@example.com