Athlete Chat (est. 2013) is a confidential support group for out, closeted, and questioning students in varsity, club, or intramural athletics. It is facilitated by current and openly gay/lesbian/bisexual members of USC sports teams. Athlete Chat is an opportunity to discuss freely and in a safe, confidential environment the challenges and rewards of being an LGBT athlete. Possible discussion topics may include: out athletes sharing their experiences with being closeted or out on a team, romance or potential romances within teams, dealing with homophobia from coaches or teammates, determining who to trust on the team, and how to come out to teammates and coaches.
What you will learn
- Participants will become comfortable disclosing personal challenges they have experienced with teammates and coaches.
- Participants will develop strategies on how to confront instances of homophobia within their teams.
- Participants will understand how to integrate their sexual orientation with their identity as athletes.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2013 | 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 30, 2013 | 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013 |6:30 PM
Please email email@example.com for meeting locations and more information.