The Los Angeles area has so many great resources, one such influential organization is The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center. The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center's Village at Ed Gould Plaza at 1125 N. McCadden Place in Los Angeles, CA 90038 provides free services such as Social Networking Groups, 12-step Group meetings, cultural events and a variety of classes for adults. A few important meetings from this location are listed below:
• Men’s Speakeasy: A weekly social networking group for men of all ages, shapes and sizes. Each weekly meeting provides opportunities for facilitated topics and open forum discussions. Ever Tuesday 8-9:30pm
• Lesbian Chat: Social Networking for all LBT women who want great conversations and a way to meet other queer women outside the bars. Every Monday, 8-9:30 pm (canceled holidays)
• Transgender Perceptions: A safe and supportive space for transgender community to gather and have great conversations. Every Friday, 8-9:30 pm
• Bi-osphere: Great conversation and community building for all who identify as bisexual. Every 2nd & 4th Monday, 8-9:30 pm
• 12-Step Programs include: Al-Anon, AA Happy Hour, Women’s AA, Gay & Lesbian CODA, DA, MA, SCA, CMA, OA, UA and much more!
• Coming Out Workshops: Three private workshops (for Women, for Men, for Youth) that provide safe and supporitve spaces for participants to admit, explore, accept and embrace their true sexual identity, whatever that may be. For more information, go to www.lagaycenter.org/comingout or call 1-877-OUT-4-LIFE (1-877-688-4543).
Group times are subject to change.
For more information, go to www.lagaycenter.org/groups