In 2005, The LGBT Resource Center and the Queer & Ally Student Assembly (QuASA) created the Freshman Advocacy Board (FAB), an immersion program for first year and transfer LGBT & Ally students to assist with the transition from high school to college and to provide support through social, academic and excursion events. The LGBT Resource Center Director and QuASA Executive Director serve as advisors for FAB.
FAB is a recognized student organization with the university. It is dedicated to make the first year experience fun, memorable and exciting. FAB membership consists of first year and transfer LGBT & Ally students. The members elect their own executive board and coordinate their own events with assistance and funding from The LGBT Resource Center and QuASA.
FAB is responsible for the coordination of a few traditional events that include:
- Academic preparation workshops
- Los Angeles excursions (e.g., Santa Monica beach day, museum visits, nights in West Hollywood, etc.)
- Participation in Models of Pride, a conference in October for LGBT youth, and Gay Days @ Disneyland
- Representation of the USC LGBT Communuty in the USC Homecoming festivities
- Coordination of the Paint Party in the spring semester
Meetings are Thursdays at 7 pm in THH 214.
For more information join the FAB Class of 2017 Facebook Group or email email@example.com