Greek Chats for Spring 2013
For out, closeted and questioning students in Fraternities and Sororities.
Greek Chat (est. 2010) is a confidential support group for out, closeted, and questioning students in Fraternities and Sororities. It is facilitated by current and openly gay/lesbian/bisexual members of the Greek community. Greek Chat is an opportunity to discuss freely and in a safe environment some challenges and rewards being LGBT and Greek. Possible discussion topics may include: alumni discussion about reconciling being out or closeted in the house, inter-house romance or potential romances, homophobia in the house, determining who to trust in the house, and how to tell people in the house.
What you will learn
- Participants will become comfortable disclosing personal challenges they have experienced with members from within their Greek affiliations.
- Participants will develop strategies on how to confront instances of homophobia within their houses.
- Participants will understand how to integrate their sexual orientation with their Greek affiliation.
Spring 2013 Meetings (last Wednesday of every month)
- Wednesday, January 30 at 7 pm at THH 105
- Wednesday, February 27 at 7 pm at THH 105
- Wednesday, March 27 at 7 pm at THH 105
- Wednesday, April 24 at 7 pm at THH 105
For more information, email email@example.com