The Faculty & Staff Ally Program (est. 2004) is a university-wide 'safe zone' program for faculty, staff and student Allies for the LGBT Community. Allies are people of the dominant or majority group who work to end oppression in their private and professional lives through support of, and as an advocate for the oppressed population. Participants begin their participation by attending a mandatory orientation session and continue their involvement through monthly luncheon discussions.
What you will learn
- Participants will be able to identify and explain appropriate LGBT resources for students in need.
- Participants will be informed about a significant LGBT issue.
- Participants will identify at least two ways to improve their support to the LGBT community.
If you are interested in participating please attend the Ally Orientation and Introduction Session along with the monthly Ally Discussions listed below.
Spring 2013 Ally Discussions
- Ally Orientation and Introduction Session on Thursday, January 24 at 12pm at Tutor Campus Center (TCC) 351/352
- Ally Discussion: USC HIV Reality Check on Thursday, February 7 at 12pm at TCC 351/352
- Ally Discussion: Faculty Recommendations on How to Create a LGBT Inclusive Classroom on Thursday, March 7 at 12pm at TCC 232
- Ally Discussion: Transgender Student Health Needs on Thursday, April 4 at 12pm at TCC 351/352
Fall 2012 Ally Discussion Flyer.
Feel free to download the Faculty & Staff Information Handout.