AFRICAN AMERICAN CULTURAL CELEBRATION 2016
Bridging our past with our present, the African American Cultural Celebration (AACC) serves as a traditional rite of passage that recognizes and affirms students of African descent who have completed a rigorous journey through academia at the University of Southern California. This largely attended and highly anticipated event unites students, families, and friends through culture and achievement.
This year’s ceremony will be held on May 12, 2016, the Thursday evening before the University’s Commencement. The ceremony will honor ALL undergraduate, graduate and professional school students.
This event is for any USC student that is graduating anytime in 2016.
AACC 2016 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
If you plan to attend AACC 2016, you may register NOW! Please keep in mind that ALL participants are required to register for the celebration.
- Registration means that you will ONLY participate in the AACC 2016 Ceremony
- Registration to participate in the AACC 2016 Ceremony is FREE for ALL.
Step #1: REGISTER ONLINE NOW!
AACC 2016 OPTIONAL PACKAGES
Registered graduates have the option to purchase the AACC 2016 Packagebeginning Wednesday, November 4, 2015. Each registered graduating student who purchases the AACC 2016 Package will receive the following:
- (3) Tickets to the AACC 2016 Recognition Dinner on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 Graduating Student plus TWO
- (8) Reserved Guest tickets to the AACC 2016 Ceremony on Thursday, May 12, 2016
- REMEMBER: Graduating students who have registered for the AACC 2015 Ceremony DO NOT need to purchase a ticket for themselves.
- (1) AACC 2015 Souvenir Book. Please note your USC yearbook photo will be used as your photo in the souvenir book.
- (1) Specially designed USC Class of 2016 Kente Sash
- (1) AACC 2016 Ceremony DVD
- (1) Guest ticket to the AACC 2015 After Party on Friday, May 13, 2015 (location to be determined) Graduating students are FREE.
Step #2: MAKE ONLINE DUES PAYMENT NOW!
AACC 2016 PAYMENT SCHEDULE DEADLINES
IF YOU MAKE YOUR PAYMENT BETWEEN
- November 2, 2015 through December 31, 2015, then your total cost is $130.00
IF YOU MAKE YOUR PAYMENT BETWEEN
- January 1, 2016 through February 29, 2016, then your total cost is $150.00
WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR PAYMENT BETWEEN
- March 1, 2016 through March 31, 2016, then your total cost is $160.00
Please note that the longer you wait to purchase a package, the higher the cost. The LAST DAY to pay for the AACC 2015 Package is March 31, 2016!
The A LA Carte Menu will go on sale on Friday, April 1, 2016. At that time, all items will be sold separately.
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE ONLINE, NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED. NO EXCEPTIONS!
AACC 2016 SOUVENIR AD BOOK INFORMATION
Want to give a shout-out to your graduating friend? Do your parents want to give a shout-out to express how proud they are of you? Does your organization want to commend a student leader for a job well done? If so, submit an ad in the AACC 2016 Souvenir Ad Book that will be distributed at the AACC 2016 Recognition Dinner on Wednesday, May 11, 2016.
Payments for the Ad Book will begin Monday, November 2, 2015 and all ads must be received by March 11, 2016.
There are no exceptions due to time constraints to print the ad book. Please submit your payment and ad information on time!
CLICK HERE FOR SOUVENIR BOOK PACKET INFORMATION
CLICK HERE TO PAY FOR YOUR SOUVENIR AD
IMPORTANT DATES TO KEEP IN MIND
If you are indeed graduating this academic year, we want to make certain you are included in the 2016 edition of USC's El Rodeo yearbook.
To accommodate your busy schedule, we have arranged extended appointment times including evening hours and some Saturdays and a few Sundays. Please sign up NOW for your portrait appointment, which is easy, free of cost, and takes only about 10 minutes.
To sign up: Just click this link: http://uscelrodeo.com/portraits
Please use the USC password: TROY
All portraits are taken on campus, in the Student Union Building (STU) on the fourth floor. We look forward to including your photo as a special part of USC history! As mentioned earlier, these photos will be used in the AACC 2016 Souvenir Book.
If you have questions, or would like to place an order for your copy of the 2015 El Rodeo, please visit our website: www.uscelrodeo.com or call our office (213) 740-2707.
USC GRAD FAIR @ Ronald Tutor Campus Center Ballroom: February 2016 (TBA)
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-821-6239
- The Grad Fair is your one-stop event to purchase commencement-related items and ask questions. Vendor tables will be set up where students will be able to do everything from ordering caps and gowns to buying announcements and class rings. Graduating students are encouraged to attend.
LAST DAY TO PURCHASE/PLACE ADS IN THE AACC 2016 SOUVENIR BOOK: March 1, 2016, NO EXCEPTIONS!
LAST DAY TO PURCHASE AACC 2016 PACKAGE: March 31, 2016, NO EXCEPTIONS!
MANDATORY REHEARSAL @ BOVARD: Monday, May 9, 2016 @ 5:00-7:00 pm
All students who plan to participate in the AACC 2016 Celebration MUST attend. Graduates, who purchased AACC 2016 Package, will receive their reserved tickets & Kente sash at the mandatory rehearsal.
AACC 2016 RECOGNITION DINNER: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 7:00pm – 9:30pm, Ronald Tutor Center, Ballroom
- The Recognition Dinner is included for those graduates who purchased the AACC 2016 Package.
AACC 2016 CEREMONY: Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:00pm – 10:00pm @ Bovard Auditorium
- All participants need to arrive by 6:45 pm to prepare for the line up and take pre-celebration photos.
- The ceremony will start promptly at 8pm.
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY:
Friday, May 13, 2016 –8:00am – 10:00am, Alumni Park
THE OFFICIAL AACC 2016 AFTER-PARTY: Friday, May 13, 2016 –Place & time to be determined
For more information & questions about the African American Cultural Celebration 2016, please email email@example.com or contact the Center for Black Cultural and Student Affairs at (213) 740-8257.