In partnership with the Pacific Islands Institute, join our team as we learn about issues of sovereignty & explore the history of Hawaii!
The Hawai’i Alternative Spring Break program provides student with an intimate, cross-cultural immersion experience on the island of Oahu. Participants explore Native Hawaiian history, culture, and the struggle for sovereignty through service-learning, dialogue, and reflection.
Your experience will include:
- Service: Volunteer at taro gardens and ancient fish ponds
- Cultural tours to historic sites, including North Shore & Waimea Valley
- Native Hawaiian history & culture
- Reflection & discussion
- Learn about the sovereignty struggle, activism & more!
Applications are due Friday, November 1 at STU 410.
Saturday, March 16 - Friday, March 21, 2014
Waikiki, Oahu, Hawai'i
$1,595 per person
(includes flight, lodging, daily continental breakfast, transportation, sundries)
Fundraising opportunities are available and encouraged.
- Friday, Novemeber 1 at 5pm: Applications Due to STU 410
- Monday, November 4 - Wednesday, November 13, 2013: Interviews in STU 410
- Friday, November 15 - Selection Notification (by Email)
- Monday, Novemeber 25 - $600 non-refundable deposit due to STU 410
- Thursday, February 13 - Mandatory Pre-trip Discussion #1, 5-7pm in STU 410
- Monday, February 24 - Mandatory Pre-trip Discussion #2, 4-6pm in STU 410
- Saturday, March 16 - Friday, March 21, 2014 - ASB Hawai'i Trip