MATH AND CHEMISTRY EXAMS
entering USC for the first time should refer to www.usc.edu/orientation
for complete details regarding online placement tests.
Some important information about online tests:
- Students can take the math test and chemistry test online.
- There will be time set aside during freshman orientation to take foreign language placement tests proctored through the Language Center
- Students will be able to access their online test scores at the Orientation website.
- The placement results from both the online tests and the paper and pencil tests are accessible to advisers.
- Students with disabilities must contact Disability Services and Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for testing at least one week prior to the scheduled test dates.
- Onlne testing is only available to incomming students.
- A USC ID is required to take math and chemistry paper and pencil tests.
- Test dates, times, locations, and descriptions can be found here.
- A 60-minute math test and 30 minute chemistry test will be administered paper and pencil on those dates.
- Students must wait one semester before retaking any placement exam.
- Hard copies of the results are issued through the Center for Testing and Assessment, no results over the phone. The results are accessible to advisers, language, and science departments.
- There are no fees for the placement tests.
- Results from paper and pencil the placement tests must be picked up in person at our office in STU 301.
- A picture ID is required. No results are given over the phone.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the test.
- The test administrations can take up to 2 hours, so plan accordingly.
- If you need testing accommodations, please contact Disability Services and Programs at least one week before the test date.
- All foreign language exams will be offered through the language center.
- Math and Chemestry exams may not be repeated online.
- However, all online tests may be repeated on paper and pencil during Welcome Week in August.
- For further information about the tests, please contact the Center for Testing and Assessment at (213) 740-7116 or email@example.com.