PED Indoor Pool Information
Due to severely crowded lanes at Uytengsu Aquatic Center, we offer a 12pm - 1pm rec swim hour at the PED indoor pool for a one-time fee. Extending the PED 12-1pm rec swim is not possible since PED has swim classes scheduled during the day as well.
To swim in the indoor pool swimmers must pay a fee. USC students, faculty, and staff must show USC ID upon request. Inquire and register with lifeguard on duty.
Fee: Payable at the Lyon Center (PED locker rooms will be open 15 minutes before and after swim time)
No proficiency test is required for recreational lap swimming.
Food and beverages are not allowed in the pool, deck area, or locker rooms.
PED Indoor Pool Etiquette
- Appropriate swimming attire is required.
- Unless otherwise agreed to, lap swimming should be done in a circular pattern form when sharing lanes. This means, swimming down the right side of the lane at all times.
- When choosing a lane, it is best to choose a lane with swimmers who swim at your pace.
- Hours are subject to change without notice.
- Reserved lanes for Recreational Sports (water jogging and Masters Swim Program) and Athletic Events (posted times and events).
- If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to the lifeguard(s) on duty or the Aquatics Director (213) 740-7602.