PED Indoor Pool News
Due to severely crowded lanes at the McDonalds Swim Stadium, we will offer more rec swim hours at the PED indoor pool (for a fee). If you have paid the PED pool fee for the noontime swim, you need not pay again. Extending the PED 12-1pm rec swim is not possible since PED will adding another swim class.
PED Indoor Pool Membership
Fee required. USC students, faculty, and staff must show USC ID upon request. Inquire and register with lifeguard on duty.
Fee: Payable at the Lyon Center (PED locker rooms will be open 15 minutes before and after swim time)
PED Indoor Pool Usage
No proficiency test is required for recreational lap swimming.
None are allowed in the pool, deck area, or locker rooms. An additional outdoor pool, McDonald's Swim Stadium is located adjacent to the Lyon University Center. Membership fee assessed for both facilities.
PED Indoor Pool Etiquette
- Unless otherwise agreed to, lap swimming should be done in a circular pattern form when sharing lanes. This means, swimming down the right side of the lane at all times.
- When choosing a lane, it is best to choose a lane with swimmers who swim at your pace.
- Facility will be closed on home football game days and special event days.
- Return all borrowed or rented equipment (boards, paddles, etc.) after use.
- Reserved lanes for Recreational Sports (water jogging and Masters Swim Program) and Athletic Events (posted times and events).
- Appropriate swimming attire is required.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to the lifeguard(s) on duty or the Aquatics Director (213) 740-5127
- Hours are subject to change without notice